Oracle index is one of the effective tools for boost the query performance. However, in order to use it effectively, you must understand it correctly. This section helps you understand and use Oracle indexes to speed up your queries.
- Creating a new index – show you how to use the
CREATE INDEXstatement to create an index for one or more columns in a table.
- Removing an index – learn how to remove an existing index by using the
- Unique index – use unique indexes to enforce the uniqueness of values in the index column or columns.
- Function-based index – speed up queries that involve expression which consists of functions.
- Bitmap index – use bitmap index on a column or columns that have few distinct values, or low cardinality.