This section covers the common Oracle Database administration tasks. If you are an Oracle Database Administrator who wants to get grips with Oracle quickly and effectively, then this section is for you.
This Oracle Database administration section is also highly beneficial if you are a developer or project leader who is interested in knowing more about the Oracle Database system. It will enable you to work more closely and cooperatively with your Oracle database administrators.
Section 3. Managing Tablespaces
- Oracle tablespace – introduce you to the Oracle tablespace and how Oracle uses tablespaces to store data.
- CREATE TABLESPACE – show you how to create a new tablespace in the database.
- DROP TABLESPACE – learn how to remove a tablespace from the database.
- Extend Tablespace – describe various ways to extend the size of a tablespace.
- Temporary Tablespace – introduce you to temporary tablespaces and show you how to manipulate temporary tablespace effectively.
- Tablespace Group – learn about Oracle temporary tablespace group and how to use the tablespace group more effectively to optimize internal Oracle operations.
Section 4. Users & Privileges
- CREATE USER – show you how to create a new user in the Oracle database.
- GRANT – learn how to grant system and object privileges to a specific user.
- REVOKE – describe how to revoke system and object privileges from a user.
- ALTER USER – use the alter statement to modify the authentication or database resource of a database user.
- DROP USER – show you how to delete a user from the Oracle Database.
- How to Grant All Privileges to a User – learn how to grant all privileges to a user.
- How to grant SELECT object privilege on one or more tables to a user – show you how to use grant the
SELECTobject privilege on one or more table to a user.
- How to Unlock a User – learn how to unlock an account.
- How to list users in the Oracle Database – show you how to list users in the Oracle Database.
Section 5. Roles
Section 6. User Profiles
- CREATE PROFILE – describe how to create a user profile, which is a set of limits on database resource and password, and assign the profile to a user.
- ALTER ROLE – show you how to modify the resource limit and password management in a user profile.
- DROP PROFILE – show you how to delete a profile from the Oracle Database.
Section 7. Data Migration
- External Tables – show you how to access data from a flat-file as if it were in a table.
- SQL*Loader – describe steps on how to load data from a flat-file into a table.
- Data Pump Export – learn step by step how to unload data (and meta-data) from the database.
- Data Pump Import – guide you on how to load data from an export dump file set into the database.
Section 8. Database Links
- Create a database link – show you how to create a database link that allows you to access tables and views from a remote database.
- Alter database link – learn how to update the current password of a user of a database link.
- Drop a database link – describe how to remove a database link from the database.
Section 9. Useful Tips
- Show tables – list all tables which are owned by the current user, accessible by the current user, or all tables in the Oracle database
- How To Fix the “ORACLE initialization or shutdown in progress” error