If you have never been working with the Oracle Database or any other relational database systems (RDBMS) such as SQL Server, MySQL, or PostgreSQL, this getting started section will be an excellent start.
The Oracle Database is quite a complex system; getting it up and running is time-consuming and sometimes challenging if you are starting. To be productive in the Oracle Database, you must read many books, ask lots of questions on various forums, and connect these parts to make your knowledge more practical.
Because we already experienced what you have been going through, we created this section to make your journey less painful and more fun to start working with the Oracle Database.
To start, just go through the following tutorials:
- What Is Oracle Database
- Give you a brief overview of the Oracle Database and its main component.
- Install Oracle Database Server
- Show you step by step how to install the Oracle Database on your local computer or server.
- Download Oracle Sample Database
- Introduce you to an Oracle sample database so that you can practice in the subsequent tutorials.
- Create Oracle Sample Database
- Walk you through steps for createing the Oracle sample database in Oracle.
- Connect To Oracle Database Server
- Guide you on how to connect to the Oracle Database Server using SQL*plus and SQL Developer tools. We choose these tools because they are freely available when you install the Oracle Database Server software. If you prefer to work with other client tools, you can feel free to do so.
If you have completed all five tutorials above, then congratulation, you are one step closer to mastering the Oracle Database.
Have fun learning and working with the Oracle Database.